Microsoft rolls a new cumulative update, i.e. KB4598291 for Windows 10 20H2 insiders, in the beta and the release preview builds. This new patch will upgrade the existing OS build number to 19042.768 with quality changes and improvements. Users will get the cab updates that they can easily extract and install on their computers.
Note: Soon, the KB4598291 cumulative update will be available for Windows 10 2004 users as well. This patch will then upgrade the existing Windows 10 20H1 Build version to 19041.782.
KB4598291 Windows 10 20H2 Changelog
Here is the list of complete features and fixes that came along with Windows 10 20H2 –
Group Policy and Registry Issues
- Added the support for serial number control using the registry.
- Updated this default values for the following Internet Explorer registry keys –
svcKBFWLink = “ ” (empty string)
svcKBNumber = “ ” (empty string)
svcUpdateVersion = 11.0.1000
These values will remain as they are with not any further modifications.
- Administrators may now disable standalone Internet Explorer modifying a key policy on the Group Policy Editor console.
- It was allowed configuring specific policies that support Microsoft Edge IE Mode using mobile device management (MDM).
- KB4598291 modified the Administrative Template settings that you may configure using a group policy object. This implies, changing a policy default value to “NOT CONFIGURED, “the system will immediately modify the previous settings. Usually, this issue is noticeable among roaming user profiles.
Function and Command Error Fixes on KB4598291
- Worked upon the Universal C Run-time Library (UCRT) issue that earlier causes printf() to incorrectly round floating-point values.
- 64-bit fmod() and remainder() functions will no longer damage the Floating Point Unit (FPU) stack after upgrading to this build.
- Worked upon an issue that prevents ImmGetCompositionString() from returning the white space for furigana while on the Japanese Input Method Editor (IME).
- Fixes the LSASS.exe related bugs and errors on Windows 10 version 20H2 with no memory leak or the c0000374 error.
- Users may now open a document on the Windows Desktop without getting the error message – “The directory name is invalid.” Usually, users receive this error message after modifying the by-default location of the desktop under File Explorer > This PC > Desktop.
BSOD and Other Issues
- Resolved an issue wherein enabling the speech recognition causes the User Account Control window to appear unexpectedly.
- Addresses a bug that previously fails to notify the target application when you select the Copy link command on the Share menu.
- Users may now play any game in either full-screen or tablet mode without encountering any blue screen issues on their devices.
- It resolved a bug that causes the “BITLOCKER_FATAL_ERROR” fatal error on the PCs (with enabled BitLocker).
- Addressed a bug that incorrectly logs Extensible Storage Engine Technology (ESENT) event 642 in the Application Event Log.
- The company updated the process to enroll for online speech recognition. If you are already registered in this, there may appear a prompt asking to review the new settings. In case you don’t want your data to be used elsewhere, you may update your choices and continue using the online speech recognition features.
Shortcut Keys & IME Errors
- Users may now use Ctrl + Caps Lock and Alt + Caps Lock to switch in between modes – Hiragana and Katakana, respectively.
- Pressing Alt + Tab hotkey will not change the order unexpectedly and switches between the running windows effectively.
- It resolved an issue with some striking critical combinations used in DaYi, Yi, and Array IMEs that might cause an application to stop working.
- Worked upon an issue wherein using local Service for User (S4U) affects Data Protection API (DPAPI) credential keys and causes users to sign out unexpectedly.
- Resolves an anomaly that causes the upload of diagnostic logs to a management service, such as Microsoft Intune, to fail. This failure occurs because of a network time-out on a slow network.
- Upon entering an MDM service as the administrator, there appears a notification to all the users. This bug usually occurs when using Microsoft Intune to find the location of a managed device.
- Earlier, deploying Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager will stop the error if the AppLocker software is enabled on the device.
Virtual Networks and Azure Account Fixes
- Previously, using a Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot will trigger the virtual machines (VM) containing the Resilient File System (ReFS) volumes. This, in turn, causes the VSS snapshot to fail with a time-out and prevents access to the ReFS volume for at least 30 minutes.
- The company had resolved this bug check with KB4598291.
- No Black-Screen issue or delayed signing in to Hybrid Azure Active Directory joined machines. Upon occurring this bug, there is no access to log into the login.microsoftonline.com.
- Addressed an issue with Virtual Interrupt Notification Assert (VINA) interrupts.
- Worked upon an issue that earlier causes a deadlock in Windows Virtual Desktop. This deadlock occurs only when users disconnect their devices even before a driver loads completely.
- Resolved an issue with HTTP caching that interferes with kiosk mode that targets Azure AD groups.
- It resolved a bug that causes the silent mode deployment of BitLocker to fail with the error 0x80310001. This issue occurs while deploying BitLocker encryption to Hybrid Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) joined devices.
Other Fixes on KB4598291
Besides the above fixes and improvements, Microsoft performs the following changes to Windows 10 version 20H2 –
- Pinned items on the Taskbar, Start menu, and the Cortana were not starting effectively by clicking on their specific icons. As per the developers, this issue was there because users copy an existing profile (containing Mandatory Profile check box selected) on their PCs. Furthermore, you may now copy a user profile containing any Mandatory profile with all check box set.
- Windows 10 Education edition users may now activate Windows 10 version on their devices.
- Solved an issue that creates duplicate cloud provider folders in the File Explorer navigation pane.
- No blank lock screen issue when you turn On your device from the hibernate mode.
- Corrected the historical daylight savings time (DST) information for the Palestinian Authority.
- Users may now use their smart card credentials even when the user hint is the domain credential name (domain\username).
- No memory leak issues after installing this Build update. Such leaks usually occur when you authenticate a client certificate on servers that are configured as domain controllers.
- Right-clicking online on any ZIP file and using the Extract all feature will work without any issue.
How to Download and Install KB4598291
First of all, click over the below link to download the cab file matching your system configuration.
- ARM64-based cab file for Windows 10 20H2
- x64-based cab file for Windows 10 20H2
- x86-based cab file for Windows 10 20H2
When the download completes, then check updates on Windows 10.
Today We Discuss the KB4598291 Windows 10 Updates 20H2 to Build 19042.782 . So, Here is the list of complete features and fixes that came along with Windows 10 20H2 –